Friday, April 17, 2009

Work still in progress....



Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. - 1 Timothy 4:12. This is the scripture I came across during my Bible study. For some reason it stood out to me. This is what I needed to see. It's amazing how God gives you the words you need to hear when you need it. I am still a work in progress. It's hard and it gets harder when you have so much negativity come at you in different directions. Trials and Tribulations maybe? The past week has been very overwhelming dealing with a lot of things. Thanks to all for the advice. I have let go and let God.. As I said in an earlier post...He is in control. No matter how people are it's not my battle. I will continue to do my best to be an example. I will continue to follow Jesus Christ and continue to pray.
Another thing that came into mind during this week is the Serenity Prayer and the Lord's Prayer (Below). I have asked God to give me the courage and strength to follow this each day. I do not know what God has in store for me but I know He has a plan and it's good! God bless you all!

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen

1 comment:

~hon~ said...

This verse is one of my revelations with regards to my cell group ministry. Don't you just love it?

I like what you said and I think I've read that somewhere..."work in progress"

I believe all of us are...always.

GOD IS WORKING IN YOU ALWAYS, my friend. I'm glad you have a willing heart. Not everyone has. I admire you.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

iLoveYou, my dear co-heiress in CHRIST!