Sunday, April 12, 2009

Atittude says it all.....

After getting home from church I encountered a family with the me...me..me syndrome. Not a sentence was said without something about herself or what she has or doing. My pet peeve is people who are prideful. What I mean is I will turn away from someone who is all about themselves in a heartbeat. Being prideful is glorifying yourself...or in some cases seeking glorification of oneself. So you got this and that...If it wasn't for the Lord you wouldn't have it! When you become boastful and prideful you can become obnoxious. Do things that glorify God not yourself! You may not think people can see it but guess what...they can. You don't need to do or say anything to seek attention. Change the attitude and you will see a world of difference. All I can say is get over yourself... and get with God! At this point all I can do is pray for you as well as for myself and others. God bless you all!

"The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not
seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts."
Psalms 10:4, KJV

When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is
wisdom."
Proverbs 11:2, KJV

"In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips
of the wise shall preserve them."
Proverbs 14:3, KJV

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit
before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with
the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."
Proverbs 16:18-19, KJV

"A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold
the humble in spirit."
Proverbs 29:23, KJV

3 comments:

~hon~ said...

As what one comedian calls it, "Me-monster"

Thank you for changing the comment form placement. Now I can comment. hehehe! Yay!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for telling me!! If no one would have said anything I would have never known.

Jennifer said...

I was given some good advice on this matter. Pray about it..be an example. When someone is lost it may be they are looking for help. I will continue to pray and let go and let God.