Thursday, February 12, 2009

Funny money

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint- Proverbs 23:4

Ever know someone who wanted to be rich? We all do. What would be better? Being Spiritually rich or Materialistically rich? I would rather be spiritually happy. If I spiritually happy and my heart and mind is with God he will give me my heart's desire. I don't need to get involved in these get rich scams or envy others of what they have. I am a child of God and like a Father He will provide. My treasures are being stored in heaven not on earth.
The beginning of the year I gave the Crisis Pregnancy Center $200. Well when I told someone that they replied "Why them you can have done something better!" That was the best thing I did do. I don't believe in abortion and I have been in those young girl's shoes twice (one miscarriage) and I know how it is to be left abandoned. I gave with an open caring heart and that is what God wanted me to do! To come from a man who thinks money is everything- honey you got a long miserable life to live. Until you open your heart to the Lord, you will never know the feeling of being rich like I do right now!

No comments: