Monday, July 5, 2010

Praying


The last couple of weeks I have found myself praying even more. I have even been caught praying at work as my coworker thought I was asleep at my desk. Prayer is a deep, powerful intimate conversation between you and God and He always wants to hear what you have to say. If it's worth fighting for....then pray about it!
I am reading a book entitled "Praying God's Words by Beth Moore". I needed this book and God knew I needed it. For sometime it has been on my floor along with other stacks of books and today I picked it up and started to read it. Circumstances can make us break and fall apart but prayer can make us feel hope and give us some light.
Prayer is our lifeline to God. Pray without ceasing. ~1 Thessalonians 5:17. We should pray about everything. When someone has wronged us, broken our heart or if a someone needs a lifting or we are thinking about doing something- Pray. You can pray anytime..anywhere. The more you pray in places outside of church or home, the more naturally Christ will come to mind there. All settings are settings for prayer. It will seem much less like a separate, Godless world, and more of a whole in which the Spirit is afoot everywhere. Setting a schedule helps to create a habit or pattern of prayer, and turns the believer back to God throughout the day. It's not about how you do it or how many times a day you do it, it's about turning to God in the midst of what you do during the day, helping to keep the whole day in prayer. Prayer brings us closer to God and God always has time for us no matter what. Always remember...when you call on Jesus..ALL things are possible!

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

No comments: