Saturday, July 18, 2009

Watermelon Festival 2009


Evening ya'll! We went on a family outing to Pageland, SC for their annual Watermelon Festival. This is the second year of going. The parade was filled with tricked out rides, horses, Shriner's performers, bands and so much to list. As we sat on the curbside watching the parade groups of people were walking up and down the sides handing out things. A group was handing out Bibles. I thought WOW! This is so great! A few floats were by local churches and they were beautiful! It makes me feel good that there are people and churches who get out and do this kind of stuff to spread the word. We all have to admit that this world is getting worse each day. It was awesome to see this kind of thing going. After the parade, we went to the vendors, of course!!!! So much food and fun!!!! HUGE turkey legs, funnel cakes, hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos just to name a few. Me and Zach walked to the craft side while my parents were strolling along. I bought a beautiful large framed print of a lighthouse for a very good price, along with some tshirts and Zach got a cartoonature done. While walking we noticed a lot of booths that were Christ related. Such a beautiful site!!! Its amazing in this dark world we live in that there are so many bright shining lights. Today was truly a blessing not because I spent it with my family but that I spent it with God. I look forward to going back next year!

No comments: