Monday, July 27, 2009

Be Content and Trust in the Lord


As I was checking out at the grocery store I heard a girl complaining about having to get up every morning and go to work and they didnt pay her enough. As I listened she continued to say how she loathed her job and how she is going to tell her boss off and quit. I was thinking so many would love to have that job to provide at least a little for their family. She is so into the world where she feels that the world is more important than anything. As I stood there I prayed...Lord, help this girl. I pray that she finds you Lord and lives to be content with faith in you. Amen! Be content with the things you have and not jealous of what others have. Be thankful you have a job, be thankful you have food on the table, be thankful you have a home to go to, be thankful you have a car to drive, be thankful you wake up everyday, be thankful that God is with you every minute. So many people do without everyday...why complain?? Everyday you can hear people complain all over about the things they don't have...be thankful of the things you do have..someday you may not have it. The next time the need to complain comes up think about all the homeless people and all the kids who don't have food. This is something we all including me need to practice. Be blessed!


Philippians 2:14~ Do all things without grumbling or questioning.



1 Timothy 6-8~ But Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.


The Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: