Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eval and Treat as Indicated per God's Orders



For those of you in the medical field you have seen this type of order...Eval and Tx per MD orders. Spiritual maintenance sometimes requires us to step back..look...evaluate..and treat or fix the situation with the help of God. If we don't keep our spiritual maintenance up like we keep maintenance up on anything else it falls apart. I have fallen short of doing this which is my own fault. I finished a book entitled Traveling Light by Max Lucado. I must say it taught me alot! I highly recommend!!! It took Psalm 23 and broke it down with a meaning for each verse teaching us the burdens we were not intended to carry. So many burdens we carry like bags. The burden of worry, the burden of guilt, burden of the grave (Exodus 33:14), the burden of fear (Luke 22:42), the burden of envy (Proverbs 6:34)(Proverbs 14:30) to name a few. After reading it I realized I carry so many burdens and for what reason..only for the devil to drag me down. I shouldn't worry about who is saying what or who is doing what. God has my back no matter what. It doesn't matter who is jealous of me or who is working against me. Those people poison themselves in their actions and words. I too have been guilty of this at times. I don't want that baggage on me whether I carry it or give it to someone else to carry. Anyone who has troubles should pray (James 5:13). God has so many things in store for all His children, there is no need to take on a burden that you were never intended to bear. Also, never think you can do it alone; God is always with you waiting for you to ask for help and He is always happy to help His child. Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28) And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6). Give up the burdens...let go..let God! When the signs and symptoms of burdens come...Evaluate...and treat as indicated per God's orders. Remember God is only a prayer away.

No comments: